- 3 Tablespoons of Raw Cacao nibs
- 40 Cashew Nuts & 40 Almonds (roughly 4 oz)
- 3 Tablespoons of Flax Seeds
- 3 Tablespoons of Chia Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons of Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 Tablespoons of Raw Pressed Coconut Oil
- 10 Medjool dates
- Pinch Salt
- A Few extra, broken Pumpkin seeds for topping
- Mill the Cacao Nibs to a fine powder
- Mill the Cashews and Almonds until the oil is released and a butter is formed. I find pulsing the mixture helps.
- Mill the Chia and Flax seeds together. A couple of pulses in the processor will be enough.
- Pulse the Pumpkin seeds so they break up…try not to mill to a fine powder
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan
- Remove the stones from the dates and blend in the processor until a gooey paste is formed. You may need to add a little melted coconut oil to help this along.
- Add all the ingredients to the pan and mix until a soft, sticky dough is formed.
- Spread the dough out evenly into a lined baking tray keeping the mixture at least 5cm thick.
- Sprinkle with crushed pumpkin seeds.
- Allow to cool and then refrigerate.
- Cut into bite size pieces.
You will love these nutritionally dense, protein bites. They taste delicious and have a gorgeous, fudge-like texture. Free from refined sugar, grains or dairy, these bites will satisfy any elevenses or afternoon cravings without spiking your blood glucose. Loaded with healthy fats, including the much needed Omega 3’s and rich in protein and fibre, these bites will provide a slow release of energy and keep you feeling satisfied for longer without any sugar crashes. The perfect snack if you are looking to eliminate sugar and opt for healthier alternative. You certainly won’t feel deprived after eating one of these! Free from all the gut-aggravating ingredients too to support a healthy immune system …it’s a win-win!
These should keep for at least a week in the refrigerator.