- 2 Cups of Chia Seeds
- 60ml Filtered Water
- 3 Cups of Oats
- 1 Tablespoon of Flax or Linseed
- 2 Tablespoons of Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
- Preheat Oven at 180c Fan, 360 F (190c non-fan)
- Place Chia seeds into a bowl and add 60 ml of filtered water. Leave to absorb.
- Using a high-powered blender, blitz the oats, together with the Flax or Linseed until crumbly. Add the salt and cayenne pepper.
- Spread the blitzed oat mixture out on a baking tray and pop in the oven for approx 7 minutes to toast a little.
- Meanwhile, add the coconut oil to the chia seeds and pour 60mls of boiling water to melt the oil. Mix together until all is combined
- Remove oat mixture from oven and combine with the chia seed mixture. Mix until a dough ball is formed.
- Place on a sheet of baking paper. Roll out to 4mm thick. Cut out your cookies and place on a baking tray lined with paper.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- These are gorgeous served with homemade with hummus or guacamole.
- They will keep for a week in an airtight container!
These lovely, light, crisp oatcakes are a perfect snack to have with any homemade dip. Oats are extremely high in fibre and score low on the glycemic index. Eating oats will provide a slow release of energy which make them perfect for stabilising blood sugar and preventing any sudden cravings. The little power houses that are Chia and Flax seeds are loaded with the all essential Omega 3 fatty acids and are abundant in protein and minerals. Sesame seeds are incredibly high in calcium and add such a lovely flavour to these crackers. To top this, all three of these seeds contain lignans which are powerful antioxidants and good for immune system support. What a bonus! Ultimately, these crackers are free from any of the usual gut-aggravates such as dairy, sugar and gluten and are perfect in supporting a healthy gut. For those who have non-coeliac gluten sensitivity (NCGS) please use oats that have not been cross contaminated with other gluten grains.
Hope you enjoy!