- 4 0z Oats
- 2 oz Chia Seeds
- 8 fluid oz of Almond milk
- 3 tbsp.Raw, cold pressed organic coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 0z Crushed Walnuts
- 2 oz Brown Rice flour
- 2 oz Buckwheat Flour
- 2 tbsp. Blackstrap Molasses
- 2 0z Ground Almonds
- 1 Mashed Ripe Banana
Soak the oats and chia seeds in the almond milk for two hours (or more) before starting. If the oats absorb all the almond milk before the two hours, add a little more. You are looking for a sloppy consistency.
- Preheat oven at 200c for fan (220c for non fan)
- Melt the coconut oil over the hob.
- Pour the oil into a large bowl and add all the ingredients.
- Mix until you have a wet sloppy mixture
- Pour into your loaf tin and flatten out.
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 25 minutes until firm and springy when touched in the middle.
A nutrient dense cake which is low on the glycemic scale, providing a slow release of energy helping to curb those cravings for naughties! This recipe is also free from any of the usual suspect ingredients that can aggravate and cause inflammation in the gut. It is kind on our digestion. High in beta-glucan which is a soluble fibre and helps movement along the gastro-intestinal tract pulling toxic waste from the body and abundant in all of the right kind of healthy fats our bodies need to function optimally. Great for elevenses!