- Half a Fennel bulb (including stalks); chopped into small pieces
- One medium size Beetroot; peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 Spring Onion; chopped into small pieces
- Handful of Parsley
- 1 Small clove of Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Tahini
- 1 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
- Pinch of ground Black Pepper
- Juice of 1/4 Lemon
- Place all the ingredients into a high powered blender and blitz until a smooth consistency is formed. It may be that you will need to pulse gently at first to break down the beetroot pieces.
- Serve and enjoy with homemade flax seed crackers or vegetable crudites
Healthy tip 💚
Both the Beetroot and Fennel are personal favourites of mine, partly because of their distinct flavours and textures that I love to include in a healthy salad or soup but also due to their incredible nutritional value. However, despite their individuality, I’ve discovered that they marry up so well together in this highly alkalising and nourishing dip.
Beetroots are an excellent source of fibre, folate and iron and abundant in other essential nutrients. They are rich in the immune-boosting, antioxidant Vitamin C which we all need so much of these days to protect us from the unstable, free radicals that are floating around in our environment, and which can cause so much damage to our cells. Eating Beetroot or drinking beetroot juice is a great way to help towards balancing hormones, supporting healthy blood and lowering blood pressure too.
Like the Beetroot, Fennel also contains a wealth of vitamins and minerals including the two powerful antioxidants, Vitamin A & C. Fennel, again is high in fibre and contains a compound that really supports digestion and helps to settle the stomach, relieve flatulence, bloating and discomfort.
I have added parsley to the mix which injects another burst of wonderful healing properties. It is also a rich source of folic acid and antioxidants, including Vitamin C. Highly alkalising, this herb also helps to support detox processes in the body, along with the Lemon, Beetroot and Fennel.