- 1 Large leek, sliced
- 4 Sticks of celery including the leaves, chopped
- 4 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 12 oz Sweet potato, chopped into approx 5 cm cubes
- 1 Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1.5 Pints of vegetable stock (I use Boullion)
- 4 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Saute the leeks and celery together in a large pan with the olive oil for 5 minutes until the leeks and celery start to soften
- Add the crushed garlic. Saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato and stock. Bring to the boil and then turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes until the potato is relatively soft.
- Add the chopped Romaine lettuce and allow the heat to wilt the leaves. Simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Blend in the pan with a handheld blender
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
You must make this awesome detoxing soup which tastes divinely fresh and is so incredibly nourishing. This soup is packed full of alkalising & energising plant goodness providing an abundance of antioxidants that contain anti-inflammatory properties, phytonutrients, fibre and prebiotics which feed the good bacteria in the gut and hence supporting good immune function.
You’ll be surprised to hear that both Celery and Romaine lettuce have so many health benefits. They are high in Vitamin K which is needed to synthesize Vitamin D in the body which supports good immune function along with healthy bone & muscle formation. They contain B vitamins, folate and Vitamin C, which ultimately is one of the most important of antioxidants needed to source energy from our cells as part of the Krebs cycle. Romaine lettuce is also an excellent source of Vitamin A needed for good immune function and vision.
I would love to hear your feedback on this tasty and highly detoxing soup, so please do post a comment here… Have a wonderful weekend ☺