- 5 Tablespoons of coconut oil
- 4 Oz Madjool dates
- 2 Medium Bananas
- 4 Oz Cashew Nuts
- 8 Oz Oats
- Preheat oven at 160c for fan
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan
- Remove the stones from the dates
- Chop the bananas
- Blend the oil, bananas and dates in a high-speed food processor until a thick smooth paste is formed. I use a Nutri-Bullet.
- Blend the Cashew nuts separately in a blender. Keep pulsing until the nuts have turned into a smooth butter.
- Place all the ingredients in a pan and add the oats. Mix until a stiff, sticky and soft mixture is created.
- Grease your baking tray with coconut oil and grease-proof paper
- Empty the contents of the pan into the try and spread evenly, keeping the depth of it thick.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut into bite-size pieces
These cashew, banana and oat bites are a real treat. They are packed full of healthy fats and high in fibre which supports a healthy gut: kind on digestion as well as being free from the usual stomach-aggravating sugar, dairy and gluten. They are perfect for children’s lunchboxes or for elevenses with a cuppa. Low on the glycemic index means that these delicious snacks won’t spike your blood sugar and leave you reaching for more. The madjool dates along with the bananas give these bites a lovely, natural sweetness whilst the cashew nut butter and coconut oil provide a gorgeous texture. I recommend you eat these warm and straight from the oven! Give them a go and let me know what you think. Keep in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.